The Hong Kong Adventist Hospital Oncology Center has many years of experience in precision cancer treatment, and we introduced you the personalised cancer therapy. Every year, we provide medical treatment or precision radiotherapy for cancer patients from all over the world to help patients and their families obtain a better quality of life and improve the chances of complete recovery.
Personalised cancer therapy also includes combined therapies that are specially designed based in the patient’s condition and individual needs. This allows a more precise targeting of cancer cells, to improve the effectiveness of treatment and reduce the side effects on patients. From screening and diagnosis to treatment, personalised cancer therapy is carried out by a Multidisciplinary Treatment (MDT) that consists of specialist medical professionals across disciplines working together to develop the most suitable treatment plan to meet the needs of the patient.
Who is suitable for Multidisciplinary Treatment?
The Multidisciplinary Treatment at Hong Kong Adventist Hospital Oncology Center maximizes the sharing of our medical resources to our patients. Patients with the following conditions are suitable for Multidisciplinary Treatment:
- Currently undergoing treatment at Hong Kong Adventist Hospital Oncology Center and need regular follow-up visits
- Diseases which cannot be clearly diagnosed and want to obtain a second opinion
- The current treatment plan and effect are unsatisfactory and looking for a better treatment plan
- Inconsistent diagnosis or treatment plans from multiple hospitals and lead to confusion
Video multidisciplinary consultation:
At present, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital Oncology Centre and the Hong Kong Integrated Oncology Centre have jointly offered video multidisciplinary consultation for patients in need. Video consultations are similar to an in-person consultation, except the consultation will be done virtually using the video-conferencing platform. It is a convenient way for doctors to provide appropriate diagnosis and treatment recommendations to the patient and address your health concerns from the comfort of your home.
- The whole video consultation is about 30 to 45 minutes
- A professional medical team providing one-stop services
- One-on-one support provided by patient coordinator
Information required for multidisciplinary video consultation:
- Medical report
- Pathological examination
- Blood report
- Imaging report
- Genetic test results (if any)