Commencing Radiotherapy within 3 days
Detailed planning for personalized treatment
Enhanced treatment precision
One-on-one support provided by patient coordinator
The Best Possible Care
For patients diagnosed with a serious illness, ensuring they receive appropriate care is a top priority. At the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital Oncology Center, our professional medical team strives to offer every patient comprehensive treatment. From diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation, we work closely with patients to take care of all their physical, psychological and emotional needs.
Our Pillars of Strength
Each patient at our Center is assigned a Case Coordinator, who will take care of all administrative work during the treatment period. He / she will:
- Handle all paperwork in order to save patients the trouble of obtaining medical reports and signing documents
- Schedule appointments such as medical consultation, check-up and therapy sessions, in addition to reminding patients of important details to note
- Bridge communication between patients and the medical team, as well as answer any queries patients and their families may have
We understand that patients suffering from the same disease may will experience different challenges. We aim to keep waiting time for treatment as short as possible. This is why we endeavor to customize all treatments to fit each patient’s individual needs. We also strive to keep up-to-date with advances in medical technology and cutting-edge treatment methods, and offer the following special arrangements
Integrating all equipment and efforts of radiotherapy and medical physics department to enhance efficiency and reduce wait time, so as to implement our commitment to commencing treatment within three days after diagnosis.
The length of a TomoTherapy cycle can range from several to tens of sessions. As tumours may move or shrink during treatment, a second assessment will be conducted when necessary so the treatment can be adjusted accordingly.
Made an appointment:
To lead up an individualized treatment plan, you need to schedule your first appointment with our specialist. At the time of your first visit, you are suggested to bring along the following materials (if applicable).
- Your most recent health insurance cards
- History and medical reports
- X-ray films and reports, including CT Scans
- Tumour marker reports
- MRI and ultrasound films and reports
- Operative reports
- Complete chemotherapy reports
- Radiation therapy reports
- Nuclear medicine scans
Know more about our radiotherapy treatment
Caring Every Step of the Way
Experts from our Lifestyle Management Center are available to offer professional advice concerning daily habits and maintenance.
Our dietitian will recommend a carefully planned and balanced diet to help patients maintain a healthy weight and make certain the body receives all necessary nutrients.
Our chaplains regulariy visit patients to offer emotional and spiritual support.